Carpet flooring can be convenient for a commercial building and a hassle when it isn’t well-kept. As the manager or person in charge, it’s all on you to ensure this and maintain a professional ambiance.
Speaking of professionalism, seeking expert advice and assistance is always good to promote this trait. At JR Janitorial Service Inc., we happen to be your commercial carpet cleaning specialists. If you want to know the professional way of doing it, keep reading.
How Do You Clean Carpets Commercially?
Floors get dirty every time, but their configuration determines the type of treatment they need. Carpet flooring has many fibers that trap dust, odors, and other contaminants. If you drop a liquid or enter with dirty shoes, the carpet will absorb it, leaving spots and stains behind.
It’s no surprise that carpet requires specialized cleaning, especially in the commercial setting. There are five primary methods for commercial carpet cleaning, four of them are for maintenance cleanings, and one is restorative:
These methods are used for the regular upkeep of your carpet. They only penetrate the surface layer enough to remove dust and stains.
- Dry Compound: A cleaning compound in the dust is applied and let dry for 10 to 15 minutes. Then it is vacuumed to remove it from the soil.
- Encapsulation: An encapsulation product is applied, scrubbed in, let to dry, and vacuumed to remove it.
- Bonnet: It uses a scrubber with a pad that distributes and pushes the product into the carpet. The soil and particles attach to the pad.
- Shampoo: A scrubber filled with cleaner brushes the carpet, the soil gets loosened. Once dry, it is vacuumed. Some people wonder, “Will professional carpet cleaning remove pet odors?” The carpet shampooing method and steam cleaning method can. We use both here.
Deep commercial carpet cleaning is necessary once in a while to restore it, implementing a method capable of deeply penetrating the fibers.
- Hot Water Extraction: It is most popularly known as steam cleaning. A cleaning product is applied and scrubbed in. Then, through a portable or truck method, pressurized water is used to rinse the product and soil.
Spot & Stain Treatment
A professional may go ahead and treat older stains from the carpet. It is essential to ask the cleaner if they include it. Some of them also do spot treatment, but it has to be done soon to prevent a stain, as the name suggests. You can ensure this with recurrent commercial cleaning services that remain attentive to these accidents.
At JR Janitorial Service Inc., we have a specialized procedure for regular maintenance and deep commercial carpet cleaning. When choosing a company for this task, always review the method they use and the best carpet cleaning method for you.
What Products Do Professional Carpet Cleaners Use?
Professionals use specific products depending on the method of choice. Most procedures include using detergent, unlike Encapsulation and Dry Compound. Encapsulation uses a liquid polymer that attaches to the soil and encapsulates it to remove the dirt when vacuumed. The Dry Compound is a particular type of dry detergent. Other products to be used are deodorizers, protective, sanitization, and stain removal.
How Often Should You Clean Commercial Carpet?
You may feel like you need commercial carpet cleaning every day because they are constantly exposed to dirt and contaminants. A janitorial service might do weekly vacuuming instead of sweeping like it’s done with a solid floor.
However, a maintenance clean is only necessary every 2 to 3 months. According to The Carpet and Rug Institute, deep commercial carpet cleaning is only required every 12 to 18 months by a professional.
Do You Need A Professional For Commercial Carpet Cleaning?
If you think about it, commercial carpet cleaning isn’t the only thing you have to worry about when you run a business or large-scale property. Hiring a professional and the best one ensures expertise in cleaning.
At JR Janitorial Service Inc., we help clients in Los Angeles manage their cleaning efficiently. We can provide commercial carpet cleaning services with the professionalism you expect and at the best prices. Contact us today!